4.4.10

ACTOR LUCAS TILL|PROFILE|BONUS SHOTS


NAME|LUCAS TILL
AGE|19
HOMEBASE|LOS ANGELES,
LIVED IN MARIETTA, GEORGIA
UPCOMING FILMS|VACATION 8 (2010),
BATTLE: LOS ANGELES (2011)

VT: What was life like growing up in Marietta, Georgia?
LT: I grew up outside of Atlanta in a residential area. Looking back on it, I think I had one of the best childhood anyone could wish for. I went to public school my entire life. It was a completely necessary piece to the puzzle as far as keeping your head on straight from an entertainment industry perspective.

What drawn you to wanting to be an actor?
I was 10, I was too small for football. I needed something to do.

I was told that you have a knack for voice impersonations, what are your specialties?
You asked this as if you know me well, because only people who have spent an extended amount of time around me would know that I enjoy doing voice impersonations. My favorite one would have to be my German accent, because I studied German for 4 years. It's a voice that I can manipulate any way I want because I know the ins and outs of the enunciation perfectly.

What are your family's views about you getting into show business in the beginning vs. now?
My family was always supportive from the beginning and their opinion hasn't changed since.

You made the trek from Georgia to LA at a very young age to pursue an acting career, was it an easy transition?
I am actually still in the transitional phase. I would be lying if I said it wasn't hard to move away from home. Unlike Georgia, LA isn't the kind of place where you can greet any stranger on the street with a friendly hello. So, I'm not done with the transition yet so ask me again sometime in the future.

Do you have particular funny memories that you could share about the road to Hollywood?
Here's something funny about my move to Hollywood: I didn't have a car, didn't have a clue what my new home will be like and I didn't know anyone. Actually, it's more depressing than funny...

How would you envision your acting career going forward?
I used to say where I want my career to go from here but I think I would rather say I just want to keep doing good work . I would like to be prolific but stretched out over the course of my whole life, not short lived. Rushing it just creates a huge amount of raw attention that means nothing to me. I don't want to end up on a VH1 television special about "Where Are They Now?" 10 years down the road.


Early this year, you costar in a film with Jackie Chan playing a Russian spy, what was the experience like working with Jackie? How did you research for the role?
Working with Jackie was one of the coolest experiences of my life to date. He was one of my idols growing up. My dad and I would get Jackie Chan films and watch them together. My favorite was "The Legend of the Drunken Master." As far as research for the role goes, I just played a lot of GTA IV to get the accent down.

You just went to Thailand recently to work on a film project, what is your latest project about?
I went to Thailand to shoot a project that I cannot reveal much. What I can tell you is the title of the film, it's call Vacation 8. I had a lot of fun, the experience was unforgettable.
I shot another film called Battle: Los Angeles. My costars are Michelle Rodriguez, Bridget Moynahan and Aaron Eckhart. I played a corporal. I am having the time of my life!

You are also very active in supporting causes you believe in, can you tell us some of those charities you are supporting?
I am an ambassador for Power of Youth (DoSomething.org). It is an organization that introduces influential youth to lead by example in volunteerism and philanthropic as our civil responsibility. I would also, in the future, like to show my support for the USO.

As a public figure, which part of fame do you enjoy and which part you could do without?
As long as proper respect are given, there would be nothing wrong with fame. The problems that arise, from my perspective, is when people treat you like you are a monkey in a cage, and they tell you when to flip as if we're supposed to listen. That kind of fame I can live without. That being said, I am very thankful for the amount of influence I might have on others thru my work. If I could be a positive role model for someone, that's great!

What would be your advice for any young individual that wants to pursue an acting career like the one you have, knowing what you know now?
If you want to get into the business I have some selfish advice: We all like attention, but make sure you want to be an entertainer for all the right reasons. Do not get into it for the glitz, paparazzi and to be told how cool you are, because that's when entertainment becomes mediocre. I say it's selfish advice because I am tired of seeing superficial untalented individuals making millions for B quality work. I wanted to be more impressed when I go to the theater and watch movies.

What makes Lucas Till happy?
Video games and girls makes Lucas happy.

Your favorites/not favorites things:
Color—I never had a favorite color
Music—Heavy Metal
Clothes—Tee shirts and jeans
Food—Beef jerky
Word/Sound that you dislike to hear—Hate the noise of people smacking their food in my ear
Curse word—I like all of them equally because there is an appropriate time for each one to be socially effective

Last Question: Do you think this is a good time to be a youth growing up in America? How would you like to see our world in the near future?
I think it is always a good time to grow up in America as long as you appreciate the freedom we have. I think sometimes we all take our freedom for granted. As Americans, we have to set the right example for the rest of the world to see, otherwise, everyone else in the world that cannot achieve the things we do would think we are a spoiled country and assume all Americans to be that way.

IMAGES|JEREMY GOLDBERG|WWW.JEREMYGOLDBERG.COM
FASHION EDITOR|CONCEPT|JOHN TAN
GROOMING|TIFFANY SAXBY FOR DIOR|WWW.TIFFANYSAXBY.COM
RETOUCHING|DIGITAL SERVICES|SPECTRUM CAPTURE
FASHION|KZO

SPECIAL THANKS TO SCOTT WINE|OSBRINK AGENCY;
HEATHER HAYHURST|THE NEWS
BONUS SHOTS FROM EDITORIAL|OBSESSION: LUCAS TILL
STARRING IN: THE GAME
VISUAL TALES|VT2|RECKLESS|BOOK 2

No comments:

Post a Comment