12.8.10

STAGES 2.0|ELIAS McCONNELL

THROUGHOUT MY LIFE growing up I have lived many different lives.
They could be called stages. But I like to think of it as a journey of
exploration and experience. You name it…really, name it…I’ve
been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
Having been in a small town, by the time I “grew up” I would be
reminded of my life wherever I went, whether it was friends or
landmarks, smells or feelings.
In this project of telling my story of fashion, I have created alter egos
that reflect my life experience and the eclectic mix of them all.
And I truly believe that what you wear is not always just clothing
but an expression of how you feel.
Therefore I am splitting myself into six people, to ask myself
why I am who I am today.







Photographed by Minh Ngo
Fashion by John Tan
Grooming: Damian Monzillo|Kate Ryan

Special thanks to
Gaspard Lukali|Oscar Garnica at ReQuest Models
Leigh at Kate Ryan
Miles Freeland at Burberry
Dylan Peckenpaugh at Dior Homme
Heather Hayhurst at The News
Erin Hawker at Agentry PR
James Schuck|Courtney Johnson at John Varvatos
Pablo Olea at People’s Revolution
Miki Higasa|Graeme Kalb|Mari Fujiuchi at Kaleidoscope Consulting
Scott Gray at Marc Jacobs
Huilian Ma at Williamson PR
Michael Zakrzewski|Danny Jestakom at Topman
Austin Sherbanenko at Odyn Vovk
Matthew Kneller at Converse
Daphne Seybold at Comme des Garçons

No comments:

Post a Comment